Peterborough City Council is looking for an experienced Social Worker to join their Children in Care Team.
This is a Locum Social Work role.
This is an experienced practitioner role, with specific responsibilities for managing the more complex Looked After Children case work and care proceedings.
Benefits for you as a Senior Practitioner:
- Competitive Pay Rate: £40.00p/h
- Work from Home available
- Chance to enhance your CV and Skillset
Your responsibilities as a Senior Practitioner:
- Hold a protected case load of the more complex and sensitive Looked After Children cases and deal with them effectively and efficiently to ensure that complex needs are identified.
- To work in partnership with peers across the service and represent the service to external agencies, including court attendance, to ensure that care plan meets the needs and safety of the child.
- To ensure that agreed plans for the care of children and service provision are implemented, monitored and reviewed.
- To chair meetings, including some reviews, core group meetings and planning meetings, to ensure care plans are in the best interests and safety of the child.
- To cover in the absence of the manager as required.
- To undertake other duties which might be reasonably requested by the manager.
Requirements of you as a Senior Practitioner:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Have competent knowledge and experience of work within Looked After Children, Court, Assessments
- A valid UK Driving License and vehicle is required
Location: Sand Martin House, Peterborough
Umbrella pay rate: £40.00p/h
PAYE payment options available also
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Jordan Peat on 0118 948 5555 or email email@example.com for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!