Back to jobs
Best Interest Assessor (BIA)
- Posted 26 April 2023
- Salary Up to £37.38 per hour
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineSocial Work
- Contact NameGrace Gordon
A Local Authority in the South Yorkshire area is looking for an experienced Best Interest Assessor (BIA). Apply here!
Please note that this is a Locum position.
Benefits as a Best Interest Assessor (BIA):
- Competitive pay rate - £37.38 p/h.
- Great opportunity to broaden your experience and enhance your skills.
- Supportive management team.
- Excellent induction pack and training/ team development days.
- Flexible working opportunities.
Responsibilities as a Best Interest Assessor (BIA):
- Review the reports of the Best Interests and Mental Health Assessors.
- Scrutinise reports and check for evidence that the six legal assessment criteria are met.
- Seek clarification from assessors where evidence is lacking or unclear.
- Check details on Form 5 and complete evidence of scrutiny section, providing justification for the authorisation.
- Where the recommended authorisation is not supported by evidence, advise DoLS office of refusal and grounds for refusal.
To be considered for this Social Work position, you must have:
- Valid Social Work England Registration.
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/Dip SW/CQSW) with AYSE year completed.
- Driver's License preferable.
Why work with me?
- One point of contact for advice and support.
- CV enhancements.
- Interview preparation.
- Access to a huge range of jobs through my extensive client network.
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
Umbrella pay rate: £37.38 p/h.
PAYE payment options available also.
If you are interested in this position or would like to explore other Locum positions within Social Work, please do contact Grace Gordon. We offer a £250 referral fee, get in touch today for more information.