Assistant Team Manager - Family Support and Child Protection
- Posted 04 May 2023
- Salary £45000 - £53000 per annum + Additional Benefits
- LocationSouth East London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSocial Work
- Contact NameTom McKenna
A Local Authority who have been rated "Outstanding" via Ofsted for there Children Social Care Services is looking for a Assistant Team Manager for the Family Support and Child Protection Team. The team is based in South East London. This Local Authority have a framework of having a positive impact of engagement with families, staff morals and motivation across the service.
The ideal Assistant Team Manager will have Family Support and Child Protection experience. You will need to be committed and have the drive to match the Local Authorities ambitions and they always look internally for promotions before externally.
Benefits for you as the Senior Practitioner:
- 31 Days Annual leave plus Bank Holiday
- Relocation payment up to £8,000
- Pension Scheme
- Our Choice Benefits
- Staff Benefits Scheme
- Training and Development
- Additional Discounts
Your responsibilities as the Senior Practitioner:
- Work with children in need, children subject to child protection plans and where there is insufficient safety in the family
- Initiate Public Law Outline and court proceedings if needed
- Ensuring the needs of the children are heard and met
- Support risk management and decision making within the team
- Assist with recruitment, retention, and for supporting the ongoing learning and development of those within the team.
Requirements of you as the Senior Practitioner:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid Social Work England registration
- Significant experience of working within Children and Families
- Experience in a managerial position
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Location: South East London
Salary: up to £53,000
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Tom McKenna on 07587 031100 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and please do be sure to leave your contact details
If this position isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!