Assistant Team Manager
- Posted 05 May 2023
- Salary £45000 - £49763 per annum + Amazing Benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSocial Work , Fostering
- Contact NameDavid Walsh
A southwest Local Authority are looking for an Assistant Team Manager to join their Fostering service. It has been rated 'Good' by Ofsted and are continually improving the service they provide.
They are seeking to improve the support provided to those who achieved permanency for their children through Special Guardian Orders. This exciting opportunity will be based within their Fostering Service. The Special Guardians Support Service will offer support through the Adoption Support Fund and other services subject to an assessment of the needs of their children and families that they support.
Benefits for you as the Assistant Team Manager (Fostering Services):
- £3000 "golden hello" payment after one year's service
- Retention payments of £2000 after completing two years' service and a further £2000 after three years' service
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria applies)
- Competitive salaries
- Hybrid working
- Generous annual leave entitlement
Your responsibilities as the Assistant Team Manager (Fostering Services):
- To operationally manage and supervise the team to ensure high quality service to children; focussed on good outcomes with timely interventions at the right level; within statutory guidelines and within given resource and budget availability.
- To model good management by taking professional responsibility for the provision of a high quality and responsive service.
- To assist the Group Manager in the determination of priorities, and through effective management and supervision of social care staff, ensure children are safeguarded and their welfare promoted.
- To assist in the initiation and implementation of operational business plans, legislation and policy guidance for the delivery of the Council priorities.
Requirements of you as the Assistant Team Manager (Fostering Services):
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A Social Work England registration
- Post qualification experience in Children's Social Work
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Salary: up to £49,763 + Car Allowance + Amazing Retention payments
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact me on 07425 728 375 or email@example.com.
If this role is not what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!