Birmingham Children's Trust are looking for a locum Assistant Head of Service to join their Youth Offending Serivce.
Scope and Purpose of Role
To assist the Head of Youth Offending Service in the management of the Youth Offending Service in order to prevent and reduce youth crime.
To be accountable for a portfolio of responsibilities (operational services, specific projects and strategic relationship/partnership areas) to ensure that the best outcomes are achieved for young people and society
General Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide dynamic operational leadership, management vision and direction to designated staff groups engaged in the operation and development of the Service to achieve a culture that values performance and inspires a sense of purpose and ownership of the Services Plans
- To support the Head of Youth Offending Service in the construction, implementation and evaluation of the annual Youth Justice Plan, achieving the aims and objectives of the Plan alongside the Children's Trust, Council, Departmental and Divisional objectives.
- To assist the Head of Youth Offending Service in the development of a coordinated and comprehensive strategy to prevent offending and re-offending by young people in Birmingham.
- To take specific responsibility for initiating, developing and maintaining effective operational partnerships with other agencies involved in the delivery of services to children, young people and families. To offer leadership in allocated service areas with a responsibility for implementing and embedding change in a complex multi partner environment
- To ensure the effective management of teams, including the recruitment, induction, appraisal and supervision of all staff whether employed by or seconded to the Service, thus enabling each member to utilise their professional skills, to provide high quality and cost effective services.
- To have lead responsibility for all operational issues and to take a coordinating role in respect of high profile cases.
- To carry out effective analysis of performance management information in the post holders designated areas that assists the head of YOS and the management team in planning services to achieve the aims and objectives of the Birmingham Youth Justice Plan, National Standards and other relevant Plans
- To effectively allocate resources to enable the day to day implementation of the Youth Offending Service strategy and ensuring that targets are met within the designated areas of responsibility of the Assistant Head of Service.
- To contribute to the overall management and development of the Youth Offending Service, actively participating in planning and delivering changes to designated service areas that promote equality of opportunity and achieve Service outcomes
- To ensure that effective financial management is exercised over budgets falling within the post holder's span of control. To manage and control designated budgets complying with Birmingham Children's Trust procedures, Standing Orders, grant conditions and audit requirements
- To ensure that risk management and safeguarding arrangements are in place such that public safety is maintained.
- To write complex reports and ensure, as required, advice/appropriate information on strategies and service planning is communicated effectively to elected members, members of the YOS management team, Partners and Stakeholders.
- To lead on key targets and programmes in preventing crime and reducing anti-social behaviour within designated areas of responsibility
- To ensure that designated services comply with the fundamental policies of Birmingham Childrens' Trust and legislative requirements
- To ensure the voice of the service user and their family informs service planning and developments.
- To be responsible for the development and implementation of policies, procedures and protocols associated with the Youth Offending Service, ensuring they are properly implemented across the Service.
- To undertake such duties as delegated by the Head of Youth Offending Service in relation to complaints, grievances or disciplinary matters.
- To participate in relevant training both as participant and contributor.
- To support the role of the Head of YOS by undertaking any other duties commensurate with the post of Assistant to Head of Youth Offending Service.
What do you get?
- A competitive daily rate of up to £400 per day
- The flexibility of working from home
- Free on-site parking
- The opportunity to work within the largest local authority in Europe and also to expand and develop your Senior Managment exposure
Why Charles Hunter Associates?
- You will work with your own dedicated consultant whose main concern is your career, and consultants that have sector knowledge and experience.
- Referral Bonus Scheme of £250 if you refer a "friend" or "colleague" looking for work.
If you are interested in this application and wish to apply please follow the application instructions stated on the website, or alternatively you can contact Charles Hunter Associates directly and speak to Luke Longman 0118 948 5555 / email@example.com