Adoption Social Worker
- Posted 03 February 2023
- Salary £36000 - £41000 per annum + Benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSocial Work , Fostering
- Contact NameDavid Walsh
A South Wales Local Authority are looking to recruit an Adoption Social Worker.
They are looking for an experienced social worker to manage a defined caseload of children subject to Placement Orders. Your role will be crucial in the progression of children's journey through being matched, placed with adopters, through to their Adoption Order being granted.
What is offered to you as an Adoption Social Worker:
- With effect from 1st April 2022, this role attracts a market supplement of £5,000 (full time equivalent). This payment is reviewed on a 12 monthly basis.
- A generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days per year to a maximum of 32 days per year after 5 years, with the option to purchase additional annual leave to a maximum of 10 days.
- Their working culture is flexible, with a flexi scheme allowing you to work to a schedule that suits you.
- Hybrid working - supporting you to flexibly deliver your role whether on visits, from an office or your home.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), offering a reputable, secure and flexible pension plan for peace of mind.
Your responsibilities as an Adoption Social Worker:
- To work independently of direct support e.g. attendance at court, child protection case conferences without the presence of a team manager.
- To assist in practice development and special projects within the team.
- To organise and plan duty rotas as required.
- To support the Team Manager in the identification of trends on unmet or inappropriately met needs.
Requirements of you as an Adoption Social Worker:
- Have a relevant professional qualification in Social Work.
- Registration with the Care Council for Wales or equivalent.
- Must hold UK driver's licence.
- significant experience in children social work.
Salary scale: Grade 8 - £36,298 - £40,478 + Benefits
What do you get from working with me?
- CV enhancement.
- Application form enhancement.
- Access to many jobs in the market.
- I am a dedicated consultant that will work endlessly to assure the whole process is a smooth running as possible.
- Interview preparation assistance.
- Expert consultation.
- Questions answered.
- Offer negotiation.
I am also offering a referral bonus of £250.00 to anyone who refers a social work professional to our agency that is successfully placed.