St Helens Council are looking for a Locum Social Worker for their Adoption Service. They require an experienced social worker to work with children with a plan for adoption. The role will involve completing CPR, family finding, matching and placing children with adopters and supporting children in their adoptive placements.
What's on Offer?
- Pay rate of up to £35.21 per hour
- Full time role - 37 hours per week
- Work under a very stable Head of Service and management team
- Remote working except for visits and team meetings
- Strong multi-agency links and working relationships, access to local specialist resources
- Access to training, with full systems and team induction
Responsibilities of the Locum Senior Social Worker:
- Assessing prospective adoptive families using the Prospective Adopter Report Coram BAAF paperwork
- Demonstrating familiarity with Early Permanence and dual approval as foster carers and the risk issues this brings
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the needs of today's children who are needing an adoptive family placement with understanding of the prevalence of issues of pre-birth substance and particularly alcohol exposure, DV and mental health needs of birth family members
- Have the ability to prepare adoptive applicants for parenting children who have developmental trauma and loss issues with understanding of impact on potential resistance to building trusting relationships with carers
- Experience of matching and supporting prospective adopters as they transition to adoptive family life
- You will be required to travel within a radius of 50 miles of central Birmingham and a car driver would be preferable
- Good IT skills to enable working remotely using both Eclipse and Microsoft teams / documents is essential
Requirements of the Locum Senior Social Worker:
- Social Work England Registration
- A recognised Social Work degree
- Clear enhanced DBS
- 2 years' experience working in Family Placements, ideally in adoption
Pay rate: Up to £35.21 per hour
Location: St. Helens, Merseyside
If you are interested in this vacancy and wish to apply, please follow the application instructions stated on the website or contact Charles Hunter Associates directly and speak to Luke Longman or email him on firstname.lastname@example.org .
If this Social Worker role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!